Saturday, June 14, 2008

Faye Wong and Wong Fei Hong

I nearly roll off my chair laughing when someone asked me this question a few days ago: Is Faye Wong the daughter of Wong Fei Hong? Well, what about u? Can u tell who's who ? LMAO The person who posed that question is one of my Facebook friend.I guess it's because they happened to share the same surname Wong?? But it's not the same surname in Chinese. One being 王非 while the other one is 黄飞鸿. Ah, so u can see why he is confuse now ? Hehe.And if u pronounce their surnames in Cantonese,u'll know why, coz both surname is Wong.Hmmm, guess he never listen to songs?? or we suffer from generation gap ?? Oh dear, because Faye Wong's been singing since 1987 but shot to fame only in 1992 with her famous rendition of Broken Hearted Woman.Oh my gosh....what's he been missing?? She is also an actress, singer, songwriter and model.Her face could be seen in lots of advertisements of Head & Shoulders and Pepsi Cola in China, Hongkong and Taiwan.She also graced the cover of Elle, Vogue, Marie Claire, Female and lots more.How come i know so much about her? Well, She's my idol since 1993 when i heard her song, No Regrets 执迷不悔. I've been collecting her CDs , singing her songs, and watching her dramas and movies.... I just adore her.
Now, who's Wong Fei Hong, then? He is a famous martial arts master,also a practitioner of Chinese Traditional Medicine.He also got lots of apprentices who learnt martial arts from him. There's been lots of his fighting movies since late 1940s to 1960s.Well, I bet my dear friend is a fan of Wong Fei Hong.
I think i know why he linked Wong Fei Hong to Faye Wong now. He must've seen me joining Faye Wong's group in Facebook and decided to ask me...... I guess he is happy to know the truth from me because he told me he used Faye Wong as his new profile message: XXX really thought that Faye Wong is Wong Fei Hong's daughter until someone burst the bubble. ROFLMAO

No comments: