Monday, June 30, 2008

我还想跳舞

This is a touching poem dedicated to the victims of the 512 Sichuan Earthquakes. Mommy handed me this newspaper cutting yesterday and asked me to read it. I read it aloud feeling touched but what touches my heart is the introductory part of the author of the poem.
The author, 黄思雨 is a standard five student from Sichuan 映秀镇primary school.She was rescued during the earthquake but in order to save her live, she has to had her left leg cut off.The nurses claimed she was the bravest little girl they have ever seen because immediately after the operation without any family members to accompany her, she endured the pain without shedding even a tear.She likes dancing since young and after removing the limb, she still adamant to be a dancer.
I was in tears after reading it feeling ashamed of myself and can't help feeling so lucky to have my mommy by my side before and after my own operation.I don't think i can be as brave and strong as her.
The poem goes like this :

我还想跳舞 ( 向灾场献诗 )

别截去我的脚
我还要挣钱养父母
别截去我的腿
我还
想跳舞
我想舞出千手观音
最曼妙的舞资

如果一切无可挽回
如果我天真的梦
搁浅在轮椅上
让我做个折翼天使
把爱心送给
受难的亲人和土地
用我的残缺
告诉世人惜缘惜福

但是
我还是想跳舞
用心灵舞出千手观音
为人间遍洒甘露


No comments: